Need help with booties

mdkb904

Question

I am crocheting a A pair of booties and I don't understand the pattern can somebody help me understand pattern

Round 1: 2 hdc in 3rd ch from the hook (counts as 3 hdc), 1 hdc in each of next 6 sts, 6 hdc in last chain. (This will automatically turn the work upside down.) Pull the tail tightly closed. Working in the end tail, 1 hdc in each of next 6 stitches, (here, clip the remaining end of the tail to keep your work tidy) 3 hdc in last chain. sl st to top of 1st hdc. (this is the 3rd ch from the start of the row) [total 24sts]

Thanks Melissa

12 answers to this question

You will crrochet on the one side  of the chain and then after the last 6 in one stitch it will turn so you work on the other side of the chain. where it says working in the end tail it means to work over that 2" length with each stitch so it gets woven in . When you join you will then be working in an oval type shape.

baby pattern

After you do 6 hdc in the last ch working on the other side you will do a hdc in each of the next 6 chains weaving in the tail then do 3hdc in the last st and join to the first hdc you did.

No, you do 2 hdc in the 3rd ch from the hook, then a hdc in each of the next 6 chns, then 6 hdc in the last chain, then it turns and you do a hdc in each of the next 6 chains and 3 hdc in the last chain then join.

Il'l try to clarify better.  

Starting working in the chain In the 3rd ch from the hook do 2 hdc, then do a hdc in each of the next 6 chains (hdc hdc hdc hdc hdc hdc) then all 6 hdc in the last chain. then working on the other side of the chain do a hdc in each of the next 6 chains (hdc hdc hdc hdc hdc hdc) then 3 hdc all in the last chain you will have 24 hdc counting the first 2ch as a hdc.

This is oddly written, I agree with Sarisue's interpretation.  The pattern is written in a way that sounds like you are to work stitches into the tail, when the designer means you are to work stitches over the tail to hide it.  The initial chain will be a 'seam' running down the underside of the foot, and you work a oval around the chain.   

I've taken your photo and put a red arrow where your next stitch should be--in that single loop which is the unused loop in the bottom of the chain.  The blue arrows show the direction you will be going around the chain.  At each end of the chain, as you have done at the point you stopped in the photo, you will be making several stitches into 1 stitch to turn the corner of the oval--so you will also be doing this at the end at the top of your photo.

post-13625-0-92520500-1473956260_thumb.png

Hey I really need help on round two because every time I try to do it it doesn't come out right can somebody explain that to me really clearlypost-63019-0-99421400-1474042463_thumb.jpegpost-63019-0-99421400-1474042463_thumb.jpeg here is round two's instructions. Round 2: Ch 2, 1 hdc in same ch . (Counts as 2 hdc in the first space) 2 hdc in each of next 2 sts, 1 hdc in next 6 sts, 2 dc in each of next 6 sts, (at this point you will realize your work has turned and you are already on the opposite side) 1 hdc in each of next 6 sts , 2 hdc in each of last three stitches. Sl st to top of 1st hdc. [Total: 36 sts]

Your round 1 looks great.  Round 2 and subsequent ones for the booty bottom will be very similar, except at the ends you will be adding more stitches as it grows to keep it flat.  Have you ever made a hat, or a round circle?  The ends are just half circles, if that helps you visualize it.

Because you are starting in the middle of the end increases, you will be doing half the increases needing for an end in that round, Ch 2, 1 hdc in same ch . (Counts as 2 hdc in the first space) 2 hdc in each of next 2 sts,

working the side stitches straight, 1 hdc in next 6 sts,

then making a full number of increases at the other end, 2 dc in each of next 6 sts,

working the side stitches straight, 1 hdc in next 6 sts,

then finishing the round by making the other half of the increases for that end. 2 hdc in each of last three stitches. Sl st to top of 1st hdc.

Just follow what it says ;)

Archived