scmkthomsen@gmail.com

Question

Hi again, kind Crochetville community

I am making some ears to my vampire doll Vlad from Lalylala,(Link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lalylala-vlad-the-vampire-bat). I have seen pictures from other people of how these ears should look, but mine seems to have a very sharp edge, picture one.

A women, magnetic mary(link at bottom) who made the same ears got nice and soft looking rows, second pictures with the crochet hook. I get these hard looking edges and tall rows, drawn on third picture.

The rows are made by single crochet stitch (U.S. terms) in back loops only. Am I doing something wrong or does it just vary how it looks? I do crochet very small and firm stitches and use thin yarn.

Hope someone can help me ^^ And please ignore spelling/grammar mistakes, I am danish :D

Sincerly Sheila

Second picture borrowed from magnetic mary, (link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32592331@N07/28546301202)

post-78245-0-45633700-1472057006_thumb.jpg

post-78245-0-66017500-1472057017_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Your English is excellent!

Your ear looks exactly like the blue one to me (except I think the blue one has 1 more row), I can't see that anything is wrong.  The only thing that comes to mind is that you may be using a yarn that is a little thicker, or maybe the combination of your tension, hook and yarn is making a slightly tighter fabric.  I'm not sure what yarn size/weight system Denmark uses, but I think in most  systems, a yarn class is a range of thicknesses.

I had to remove the photo you uploaded that belongs to magnetic Mary. Our forum policies state that members can only upload photos that belong to them. It's copyright infringement to upload somebody else's photos without their permission. Our policies are designed to keep our site and our members free from legal issues relating to copyright infringement.

Please repost the link to that photo on her site, as the link you posted didn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks for understanding!

Archived