pattern help plzz

zaojazaki

Question

hey there...

im a kinda new at crocheting...i was trying to do this free pattern and im stuck on the 5th rnd...i dont seem to understand wat its asking me to do...

if someone could plz check it out and clearly explain wat the pattern wants me to do on the 5th rnd...i would be very greatful...

Rnd 5: Sl st across first ch-3 and cl and into next ch-3 sp, ch 1, * ([sc, ch 3] twice, sc) all in ch-3 sp, ch 3, split cl, ch 3; rep from * around; join. Fasten off.

how do i slip stich across...?im a bit confused..

5 answers to this question

Slip stitches are sometimes used to get from point A to point B when ending one round and starting the next. Round 4 ended before where the pattern wants you to start the stitches for round 5. Do a slip stitch in each stitch until you get to the right spot.

This seems like an intermediate project with split clusters. If you're new to crochet, I'd recommend starting with simple things. Then work up to "easy", and then intermediate.

Slip stitches are sometimes used to get from point A to point B when ending one round and starting the next. Round 4 ended before where the pattern wants you to start the stitches for round 5. Do a slip stitch in each stitch until you get to the right spot.

This seems like an intermediate project with split clusters. If you're new to crochet, I'd recommend starting with simple things. Then work up to "easy", and then intermediate.

thanks for the reply...

ok so does this mean that i have to slip stich in the chain three space then in the cluster and the next chain three space too...because there are no commas until it says to chain one. 

Rnd 5: Sl st across first ch-3 and cl and into next ch-3 sp, ch 1, * ([sc, ch 3] twice, sc) all in ch-3 sp, ch 3, split cl, ch 3; rep from * around; join. Fasten off.

yes u are right i should do something simpler...actually i crocheted a baby cardigan witch had clusters with some help and soo i thought id be able to pull this one off too..

Rnd 5: Sl st across first ch-3  YES JUST SLIP STITCH PAST THIS FIRST CH 3 SPACE, DONT CROCHET INTO THIS FIRST ONE- SLIP STITCH IS JUST KIND OF LIKE "WALKING ACROSS" WITHOUT MAKING A STITCH INTO IT, JUST LIKE SOMEONE SAID EARLIER (was it grannysquared or roses? :)  Im using caps lock to differentiate between myself and the pattern, ok? :)  and cl ( CLUSTER)and into next ch-3 sp, ch 1, * ([sc, ch 3] twice, sc) all in ch-3 sp, ch 3, split cl, ch 3; rep from * around; join. Fasten off.

I hope this makes sense, sorry this is so late I barely log on to this site

Agree with what was said above, I like the description of 'walking across without making a stitch'.

The only wee comment I have - normally with any other stitch, when you are making it into a chain space you make the stitch around the chain space as Redrosesdz said.

However, and I discovered this recently and rather comically -- long story but it was a misworded instruction to use a crochet "slip stitch" (when they meant something else) in a knitting instruction -- you can't slip stitch OVER a chain, you end up just making a chain 'in the air', not over the chain space. I had a 'wait, what?' moment (OK, a few of them) before I realized you need another yarn-over for a stitch to lock around a chain space, that slip stitches lack. But, you can slip stitch into chain stitches to get you from point A to point B without adding (much) stitch height.

I know your post was over a week ago but I wanted to mention that in case you were still frustrated at that point in the pattern.

Archived