confused on round

Beaglelady

Question

I started this pattern from MaryMaxim "Starburst  Throw"

RND 3 ends with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-4

I'm on RND 4 which is as follows:

Sc in next ch 1 sp, *ch1, (sc,ch2,sc) in corner ch-2 sp, [ch 1, sc in next ch-sp] 3 times, ch 1, [sc, ch 1, sc] in next ch-sp, **

[ch 1, sc in next ch-sp] 3 times; rep from * around, ending with last rep at **, [ch 1, sc in next ch-sp] twice, ch 1, join with sl st in first sc.

on the previous rnd after the corner  there are ch-3, 1hdc,ch1,1hdc in same st, ch 3, 1hdc,ch1,1hdc in same st,  ch 3, then a corner.    I'm fine at the first corner and then getting lost.  IF I do the ch 1, sc in next ch-sp 3 times, ch 1 sc ch, sc in the space at the hdc, seems like I'm coming up with an awful amount of stitches to the next corner.

I don't know why I'm feeling SO dumb about this  Nothing in the pattern states how many stitches there should be either.
Feeling so fustrated!!!  AARRRGGG!!!

post-4753-0-46176400-1453066065_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

The pattern is telling you to do a ch 1, sc in each chain space.  It says 3 times, because you have 3 chain spaces between each corner.

For the corners, you also have 3 spaces.  They'll be done as follows...

ch 1, sc

sc, ch2, sc

ch 1, sc

Does this help?

Something looks like it might be amiss in the blue area.  In the round with the 'spokes', it looks like there is an extra spoke at about 5:00, and something inconsistent in the blue 'shells' in the next round at about 8:00.

Often looking closely at the pattern picture can help  

http://www.marymaxim.com/starburst-throw.html

I can't see the photo closely enough to compare, but it looks like you may have extra stitches or shells in the 'shells' round.  Could that be throwing you off?  There should be 12 spokes, and 12 shells as far as I can see from the photo.

Hi Red!  I'm typing slow again...

I new you ladies would come through for me! :yay   I'm overtired for one and with 3 kids in the house, I just couldn't concentrate I guess.   I've tried what redrose said and Granny Square - the blue part and the next round are correct.    Most of the patterns I use tell how many stitches and such and this one doesn't.    There are 12 spokes (trebles) and the blue shells are 4dc clusters - so those are right as well.   I think what was throwing me off is the chain 3 inbetween the corners and the hdc parts.   DUH!

Archived