Resquesting testers for baby wrap/kimono pattern

Raquel

Hi everyone. I'm working on some preemie patterns, a gown and a baby wrap (kimono). If you would like to test one or both, just let me know by replying to this post or email me directly at rlmontoydane@yahoo.com.

Here's photos (front and side) and pattern for Baby Wrap (infant kimono). Infant gown details in separate post.

Thanks!

:book Raquel

29fbbb80.jpg

c943132c.jpg

Baby Wrap (simple infant kimono)

designed by Raquel Montoya Dane

Materials:

Sportweight yarn

G hook (or whatever size needed to obtain gauge)

2 small buttons (1/4" to 5/8" size)

Gauge:

4dc = 1" with smaller hook

Size (aproximate):

This pattern is for extra small or preemie size.

Finished length from shoulder to hem is 10" and around chest is almost 11".

To fit chest size 9 1/2" or thereabouts.

Main gown:

You will start at the yoke and work down. One edge of the kimono will be straight, and the other edge will increase gradually to create an overlap and then straighten out near the waist.

Using smaller hook, Chain 39.

Row 1: Dc in third chain from hook; dc in next 4 chains; 3dc in next chain; dc in next 7 chains; 3 dc in next chain; dc in next 9 chains; 3 dc in next chain; dc in next 7 chains; 3dc in next chain; dc in next 5 chains. Chain 2, turn.

Row 2: dc in next 6 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 9 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 11 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 9 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 5 st. 2dc in last stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 3: 2 dc in first stitch; dc in next 6 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 11 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 13 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 11 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 7 st. Chain 2, turn.

Row 4: dc in next 8 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 13 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 15 st; 3 dc in next st; dc in next 13 st; 3dc in next st; dc in next 6 st. 2dc in last stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 5: You will create two armholes in this row by skipping the stitches in between the 3dc clusters from the previous row. It may help you visualize this by folding what you have made so far and placing safety pins where you want to join the stitches to make the armholes.

2dc in first stitch; dc in the next 8 stitches. Skip 17 stitches. 3dc in next stitch. (You should now have one armhole.) Continue dc in next 16 stitches. Skip 17 stitches. 3dc in next stitch. (You should now have two armholes). Dc in the last 8 stitches. Chain 2, turn. (40 stitches, not counting turning chain.)

Row 6: Dc in each stitch across except 2dc in last stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 7: 2dc in first stitch, dc in each stitch across. Chain 2, turn.

Row 8: Repeat Row 6.

Row 9: Repeat row 7.

Row 10: Repeat row 6.

Row 11: Repeat row 7.

Row 12: Dc in each stitch across (no increasing). Chain 2, turn.

Rows 13-21: Dc in each stitch across. Chain 2, turn.

Row 22: Dc in each stitch across. Chain 1, turn.

Row 23-24: Sc in each stitch across. Chain 1, turn.

Row 24: Sc in each stitch across. Do not chain; do not fasten off; from this point, make edging.

Edging:

For edging, work 3sc into corners as needed to avoid edges curling. Work one row sc all around the edge of garment (up one side, around neck, and down the other side). Chain 1, turn. Work second row of sc all around. Fasten off at bottom corner.

Longer sleeves (optional):

For long sleeves, with wrong side facing you, join yarn near armpit.

Row 1: Dc all the way around sleeve to create 24 dc total. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Chain 2, turn.

Row 2: *dc in next 4 stitches, then work 1 decrease in next 2 stiches*. Repeat around sleeve. (4 decreases total; 20 stitches).

Row 3: *dc in next 3 stitches, then work one decrease in next 2 stitches*. Repeat around sleeve. (4 decreases total; 16 stitches).

Row 4: sc in each stitch around. Join to beginning of row with a slip stitch. Chain 1, turn.

Row 5: sc in each stitch around. Join to geinning of row with a slip stitch. Fasten off.

Repeat for second sleeve.

Finishing:

Create tie strings wherever needed by joining yarn and chaining 35, then fastening off. One obvious spot for tie strings would be at the corner where the overlap reaches the waist and on the matching area where the overlap touches. Another spot might be somewhere closer to the chest.

Weave in all ends.

MEEEE!!!! I am all over it. as long as you don't mind that we use it for our Threads of love chapter???

Anyone elsewho will be testing it and wants to donate it I will be glad for them in Pink or blue or white.???

I will work it soon and let you know!!

No Jimmie, I don't mind at all! That's the whole point of this pattern, is to make something that will be quick and easy to make so we can make lots of them to donate. :)

I will gladly try this pattern. Do you need it by any certain time? I have mint green, pink, yellow and white in some baby sport yarn I can use. I also have some varigated pastel colors. LMK where I can send some when I finish them!

Just a quick note, I was reading through the pattern to decide if I could and would have time to test and noticed that although your materials list says buttons, your pattern does not reference placement of the buttons that I was able to see. Maybe I just missed it, but thought I would point this out.

Just a quick note, I was reading through the pattern to decide if I could and would have time to test and noticed that although your materials list says buttons, your pattern does not reference placement of the buttons that I was able to see. Maybe I just missed it, but thought I would point this out.

I don't think you missed it. I just read through the pattern and didn't see a note about buttonholes or button placement.

Judging from the picture, I would wager a guess that the top corner of the wrap and about 1/2" below that would be good places for the buttons, using the spaces in the crochet as buttonholes.

I don't think you missed it. I just read through the pattern and didn't see a note about buttonholes or button placement.

Judging from the picture, I would wager a guess that the top corner of the wrap and about 1/2" below that would be good places for the buttons, using the spaces in the crochet as buttonholes.

I also thought that maybe they go on the inside.

Oops! No, there are no buttons, although one could certainly use buttons instead of tie strings. I think I cut and pasted accidently from the other pattern I was writing, which does use buttons! Sorry for the confusion. Good thing I'm testing the pattern, huh?

Those of you testing, just let me know how it goes, and any changes you would recommend; you can email me or just post here on this thread.

As for what to do with the test ones you make, take a picture to show me if you don't mind and then go ahead and donate it or use it for a doll for your kids... you can certainly send it to me if you like and I will donate to our local hospitals. You can see my little charity group info at http://sonomastitchers.blogspot.com

Thanks everyone! And no definite deadline; maybe just before Thanksgiving?

Cyber-hugs,

Ok I am done and will give you my results and opinons

r-1 ok

r-2 ok

r-3 where it reads 6 st. it should say 8

r-4 where it reads 6 st. it should read 8

r-5 where it says 8 st. it should read 10 and where it says dc in last 8 it should say 9

r-6 except confused me so I would say across with 2dc in last st.

r7-24 ok

r-24 (last row) should be row 25

again this was an easy pattern I would say beginner since there are no tricky spots

I did a second one and recommend that making r13-21 make the garment long to long for a premie. so i did to row 12 and then skipped to r-23 and did to 25 and only one row of edging.

Great pattern nice job!!!

I have a Threads of Love Chapter and would love to use this for the babies at the hospital with your permission????

:yay

Jimmie, Thanks so much! yes, please use the pattern, permission totally granted. I will take your notes into consideration. Once I have more testers, I'll put up a revised pattern in the "original patterns" forum. Yeah! Thanks again! By the way, did you use just one tie at the waist or put a second tie at the chest, too? I was wondering what people would choose to do...

Thanks!

Yes, I definitely still need testers! I'd like to have at least five people try it and get me some feedback, if possible; so far only one test of the kinomo/baby wrap pattern.

The gown pattern is in a separate post.

Thanks!

Archived