Winter Cowl for Kids

Jayashiangel

Question

I am trying to find a neck sizing chart for kids neck sizes to make a few different size cowl aka neck warmer for different my nephew who is 12 and warm and a friends little girl who is 3-4 years who just likes to dress up.....

Everything I have googled has not helped....

Right now I started the 12 year old at 9 inches tall to allow to fold/roll for double warmth or allow to pull up to keep nose warm....and everything I read says to make it 20 inches long before joining..

Yet the 2 ,I made for an adult co-worker is the same size ???? that can't be right

Any helpful idea? Thanks

4 answers to this question

This cowl for a child looks to fit about a 3-4 yr old. It measures 9"x11" starting with a ch 30 in bulky yarn. Maybe something like this will work for the youngest you're making for.

Here's one for a boy. Not sure of age or size though. (Sorry- no given size available on this one either, just child to adult)

Hmmm...I find it odd that all the Cowls I see in kids sizes on the Internet are made with bulky yarn. I wonder what's up with that.

ETA: Drops- Garn Studio has a hat and cowl pattern that is age bracket from 3-12 yr old. And it's not bulky yarn.

Also, I'm inclined to think that a reference to help could be head circumference size since the cowl needs to fit over the head easily.

Archived