Re: Working into stitch of previous round

JacquiP

Question

I apologise for what is, most likely, an obvious question but when you have to work into the stitch of the previous round, do you insert the hook through the space where the blue arrow (upper arrow) is - or the black arrow (lower arrow)? I am assuming it is where the blue arrow points to. What is the space called where the black arrow points to? This is not a chain space - so, would it be called the space beneath the stitch?

post-76459-0-83103200-1450563786_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

The blue arrow is into the stitch, into "both loops" which is the standard way to stitch. . (Its also possible to work into front or back loop only)

The black arrow would be called working between the sts.

I cannot link right now, but go to Stitchdiva sitae and look at the tutorials , there is one on Places to insert the hook that will illustrate this for you.

I usually work into "both loops" as Kathy described. However, I am working on an Infinity Cowl right now using a 4 weight yarn and a P hook. Because it is so "lacy", I'm working "between the stitches" to give it more stability. I have seen many pieces that use either or methods and have found that others think it's a matter of preference.

Archived