My Crochet YouTube Channel

I have 2 suggestions.  First, you need to describe what you're doing as you're doing it.  Having no audio makes it confusing.  Second, it's great that you're using a light colored, solid yarn to demonstrate, but your background is light colored, too.  Put a piece of dark fabric on your table.  It'll make the light colored yarn stand out.

I had the same thought--I was wondering if the lack of audio was to attract viewers of all languages.  

I could have sworn I'd seen other tutorials with no audios, each very brief, demonstrating a single stitch.  They didn't start by making a knot and a chain, they started with the chain already there and just showed the stitch.  Unfortunately I'm not finding them now, unless the sites I thought they might have been on have replaced them with new videos with audio...  

I've also seen videos with no audio, that superimposed a very brief text here and there for explanation.  That works, if you can read the language of the text...

edit, I believe the 'silent' video site I was thinking of was Haas Crochet.  I had trouble getting this to work on my Vista PC & Chrome, but it works on Win7 and Internet Explorer. 

http://hassdesign.com/StitchLegend/

Archived