Granny Square Afghan Help!

CrochetAddict85

Question

Hey ladies, now that I'm full recovered from my operation, my 4 year old is wanting to make this a little bigger for him,he's wanting the length (vertical down over) longer. To keep the width it is is now but to make the length longer, what would you lovely ladies suggest?

4 answers to this question

Good morning!

Well, you could start with the yellow along one width and do a yellow stripe. Switch to white to do another stripe and continue until it is a length that looks good to you on that side. Mirror what you did to the other side, and attach the yellow to add the trim all around.

If you no longer can get the yellow you used, then pick a color that would blend nice such as gold or a shade of yellow or variegated with yellow in it for the stripes, but try to match a close yellow for the trim.

This is what I would do.

It is a very pretty blanket.

So glad you are feeling better!

Agree with all of the above; another trick I've seen is making an edging on each blanket end with smaller grannies in a row, but it might be tricky if you don't have the right multiple of granny 'shells' at the edge.

I was trying to find an example of little squares around a solid piece - this pattern is interesting, a mix of solids and little grannies forming the blanket

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/granny-square-crib-afghan

Archived