Recycled- Yarn Holder

ReniC

I came across this link from Pinterest and gave it a try. Works great. I used clear mailing package tape to secure the back door edges.   Yarn Bottle

redrosesdz, on 05 Oct 2015 - 1:47 PM, said:

That's a neat idea!  Almost makes me wish I still drank soda.  :)

LOL! Good one. I don't drink soda either so I did get a large empty from one of my kids.

I'm currently using mesh laundry bags as a yarn holders.  I found them at the dollar store 3 for a $1.  I just pull the end through any hole.  I still have to work though the yarn vomit at the beginning and sometimes there's still a small mess of yarn at the end, but for 95% of the skein the yarn stays knot free and glides easily.  It keeps the yarn  really clean and easy to transport.  What's really nice is that most wip can fit inside the same bag when I'm not crocheting.

redrosesdz, on 06 Oct 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'm currently using mesh laundry bags as a yarn holders.  I found them at the dollar store 3 for a $1.  I just pull the end through any hole.  I still have to work though the yarn vomit at the beginning and sometimes there's still a small mess of yarn at the end, but for 95% of the skein the yarn stays knot free and glides easily.  It keeps the yarn  really clean and easy to transport.  What's really nice is that most wip can fit inside the same bag when I'm not crocheting.

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing that and...... I'm glad you decided not to take up soda again! LOL

Archived