C2C question

Mark N Catherine Darling

Question

3 answers to this question

welcome to the ville!

If you had a specific pattern in mind, that info would help in answwering your question.  But the corner to corner patterns I have seen are continuous, you start at one corner and crochet continuous diagonal rows until you get to the end.  

But isn't "continuous or blocks" just a way to say that whatever type you choose is fine?  What other ways are there to make an afghan other than continuous or in separate joined pieces, ie blocks?  

It sounds like they are excluding afghans made of panels and non-square motifs.  That's a shame, because I think paneled afghans are very pretty and they work up easier than blocks.  They may be excluding tapestry and intarsia, too.

To be safe, ask the contest organizers if C2C meets their requirements.

How odd, I wonder what their reasoning is.  I think they should have spelled out what was 'forbidden' a little better, this is really vague and - odd.

You may have something there Redrosesdz, that they don't want 'picture' afghans, but those rules would eliminate stripes or any color changes as well.  

Does each block, if that style is chosen, need  to be contiguous (1 color)?  That would kill off a lot of classic granny, Mandala or floral square styles.  A ripple would be out, or at least would be really monotonous (unless it was a lacy one).

Archived