Can Someone Help Me Read This Free Guitar Pattern? I need help quick my fiance's birthday is soon!

ElishaEnjoli

Question

If someone could PLEASE help me that would be great! My fiance's birthday is the 1st, and I wanted to make him a small crochet replica of his favourite guitar. I found a pattern of exactly what the guitar looks like(just black and green instead of red and white) but I can't read the pattern. Everytime I start, it makes a weird shape and even going all the way through it just doesn't form. I already translated the page to english(originally spanish) but the pattern stays the same. Is there a way that someone can write out a simplier pattern with the common terminology? Or even better, make a video of the project so I can follow them that way? I actually really do learn better by video instructions. Or better yet, if anyone else can also find other FREE patterns it would be great too. PLEASE LADIES AND GENTS I REALLY NEED HELP AND I ONLY HAVE TWO WEEKS!!!

***UPDATE****

This is what I ended up making for him. :3

post-75741-0-14539400-1443472779_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

I'm sorry, this pattern is unintelligible.  

Also, sorry to be a wet blanket, but please amend your second post to remove the pattern, it's against this board's rules (and US copyright law) to post a pattern here, unless the poster is the author of the pattern.  It also violates copyright to translate a pattern without the author's permission.  It's OK to post a row or 2  if you don't understand a bit of a pattern, to help us explain it, but not a whole pattern.

I suspect this is your pattern - I can't access it, I don't have a blogger sign-on.  The cover page here does give a hint to the stitch symbols she's using.

Here are some guitar patterns in English--most of these are not free however.  There is a menu to the left where you should be able to check to see just the free ones.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#query=guitar&language=en&view=captioned_thumbs&craft=crochet&sort=best

If none of this works, maybe for something quick you could sketch his model guitar on some graph paper and make a scarf similar to this pattern (where each square on the graph is a sc stitch).

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rockin-guitar-scarf

Or maybe a guitar strap cover? You probably wouldn't even need a pattern for that, just measure and make a tube.  A strap cover with little guitars on it would be cute (might be hard to miniaturize that much tho), or his name or band's name.

Wow! This pattern is unbelievable!

I think I would do as Granny Square suggested and draw out your own guitar shape for a pattern, then single crochet it all.

Sorry, I wasn't sure if I was able to post it or not since it was a free pattern. But he stated earlier that "it would be so cool if I had a little guitar toy thingy like you did for my dog" a while ago (I made him a replica since he recently had to put his dog down, and he loved it) And I've been googling and I'm seeing them EVERYWHERE on the internet. But no patterns, and if there is a pattern I can't find one for free and right now I don't have the spare $$ to go and buy the patterns because of the money I already spent on yarn. I wish I was able to just be able to figure it out myself and create my own pattern, but I'm not that good yet sadly. :/. I am trying to create an electric guitar that is black and green. 

See what crochet books you can access via your local public library (I'm assuming you are in the US or somewhere there is a system of public libraries).  Look for books like this http://www.amazon.com/Cute-Crochet-World-Dictionary-Critters/dp/1454708069/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440023342&sr=1-3&keywords=suzann+thompson 

I'm not sure it includes a guitar but it may.  There are other books too, ones on amigurumi or appliques---you can make 2 of the applique and sew them together.  Otherwise you will have to save up and buy one of the patterns, and give it to him later.  

My fiance loved itt!! He actually cuddles with it every night cause "it smells like your perfume" as he says. Hahahh. Working on a Black Veil Brides blanket now for myself. c:

Nice job!  Do my eyes deceive me, or is it a Flying V guitar?  

Archived