help id patern

irene24

Question

Have hadthis baby blanket for 30 years it was made for my son I would love to know what its called I would like to make one in a different colour if you have any suggestion as what its called please let me know

post-75650-0-49179500-1438975543_thumb.jpg

post-75650-0-90250600-1438975565_thumb.jpg

post-75650-0-34433900-1438975591_thumb.jpg

2 answers to this question

It looks like this might be the blanket pattern; perhaps the maker improvised and added a border from somewhere else?  I didn't find a free pattern for the main pattern stitch, and I'm not familiar with the edging.

https://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=7220

There are a lot of edging patterns at antique pattern library - they are pdf files of copyright-free books.  Do a search on 'edging', the page I linked is a catalog by author, but the descriptions are pretty good for finding the subject you want.

Here's the directory by pattern type at crochet pattern central - scroll down to see edgings.

Good luck!

I'm not familiar with the particular pattern and after searching around the Web, the only info I found so far is the stitch is either Double Lattice, Double Trellis or a Marguerite (Margarita) stitch.

This youtube video may help, however, it is in Spanish. Watching it carefully and pausing when necessary to follow along, just may help at least with the stitch.

Archived