shining sea tee

cindy54738

Question

working on tee from crochet! 2015 spring  issue

not sure why whole top not in the round. with that said  in row 3 of  back bodice   am i correct  i need to alternate shell with broomstick lace required times. 

4 answers to this question

Hopefully someone who has the magazine will speak up (I don't have it).  From what I can see on the website by looking at the photo, it sounds like you're right.  Alternating the broomstick with 1 row of some other stitch will keep the same side of the broomstick twist facing to the 'right side'.

This is also probably also why it's not worked in the round -- the stitches will look different if you work back and forth on the sleeves/bodice, and in the round for the body.  The broomstick row would still have the same side facing out, but the row or round between them would be showing the back side for the bodice/sleeve, and the right side for the body..

I'm just learning broomstick lace.  I've just about completed my 2nd project with it.  The one thing that my book stressed was that the row below, the broomstick loops and the row above are always done on the right side.

So, the right side looks like, with the ___ done from the right to left and the loops done from left to right (if you're right -handed.)

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Archived