Trying to figure out a pattern

Omgrowngirl

Question

Hi. I've made a blanket for our daughter....whew...haha I have found the edging I'd like to use on it but it doesn't have a pattern its the pic. I'm adding the pic and if anyone can tell me how to duplicate the edging I would appreciate it so much! However if this is illegal don't do it. I'm unfamiliar with how this works....but if it's ok and you can help me I would be so so grateful.

Thank you,

Feleciapost-73493-0-16675600-1436468757_thumb.jpgpost-73493-0-16675600-1436468757_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

You're right, we can't write out the pattern for you, sorry.

Here are a bunch of free edging patterns, maybe one of these would work?  The thing is, you'd have to (or would probably prefer to) find one that's made in rounds; many edgings are made in rows, separately, to length and then sewn on.

I looked thru the first few pages, this is similar-ish.

Hi Felicia.  My understanding would be that it is not a copyright violation to reverse engineer from a photo for one's own use, however I beleive the site guidelines here do ask us not to do this for someone else on the forum or by PM.  You can check the guidelines in the Town Hall section of the forum, to be sure.  

the most similar border pattern that I can think of that I have actually done would be the Pierrot yarn pattern 29-19 http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/29-19-crochet-shawl It does include a corner.  It is a fully diagrammed pattern.  

I have to say there are a lot of things that get pictures posted online that do not have a pattern, the maker just made it up or heavily adapted a pattern.  So inn that case there is no pattern to be found.  But you may want to look at some books of edging patterns such as Around the Corner Crochet Borders by E Eckman http://www.amazon.com/Around-Corner-Crochet-Borders-Instructions/dp/1603425381/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1436469838&sr=8-4&keywords=edie+eckman  (some edging patterns leave it up to the user to figure out the corners so having the corners is  a huge benefit).

On that Amazon page you can see several other books of borders, and I think there may be one by Nicki Epstein.   

If you are in the US you should be able to get these via your local public library, interlibrary loan if they don't own them.  Or go to a big bookstore like B&N and look thru them.  

Are you on Ravelry?  You can search border patterns there.   Have you already done an image search?  that would probably just bring up a bunch of dead-end pinterest pins, but you might get lucky.  

(Hi, GrannySquare :waving )

:hi Hi Magic!  Beatcha for once!

OMgrowngirl- I have that 'around the corner' book on my Kindle (I found it when it was on sale for a couple of $).  Let me see if I can find anything similar and let you know -- although it's a nice reference to have, regardless.

I just realized I can show you samples of many what's in that book via Ravelry--not all, but most.  I looked thru the book, #113 looked the most like yours (but not the same), and that's shown in the link.

Nicky Epstein does have a book 'Crocheting on the Edge', but there's not much in there on Ravelry.  I have her knitting edging book (not the crochet one), and the book has LOTS of edgings and a handful of projects using a few of them - What Ravelry is showing for the crochet book is only the projects, not all the edgings like the Eckman book. 

Archived