Another Question--Help with One Ball Wonder Vest

greyhoundgrandma

Question

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L40354.html

I am about to start the Lion Brand Ice Cream One Ball Wonder Vest.

In looking through the pattern the sc rows are worked in back loops only, but the hdc/decrease rows don't say back loop only. It starts out from the bottom with 6 rows of back loop only sc, then hdc decrease rows to make 7 inches total. Then back to 2 rows of sc back loop only.

At this point you divide for the armholes and are doing 5 rows of back loop only sc. Then 5 rows of hdc decrease that again doesn't say back loop only. It ends with 6 rows of back loop only sc.

I can't visualize how it will look going back and forth between back loop and regular and can't tell from the photo what was done. Did they just forget to say back loop on the hdc rows?

Anyone made this before? Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

I think it's right too. The body is sc in both loops and it seems  the hdc rows are in the middle of the yoke and are done in both loops

I've finished the body of the vest and just have to do the little button and button hole sections along the front edges. I have more rows than the number of sc that the pattern says to make evenly along the edge--and that's just doing one sc on the hdc rows. I've never done an edging on back loop only sc rows. Would they still get one sc to each row even though they don't lay flat? And do you think I can just do one sc on the hdc rows?

I realize that ultimately I'll probably just have to try it and see what lies flat without ruffling or pulling.

The sc blo should be pretty much the same height as a regular sc row, so i would only do one sc per row. For the hdc you probably need more than one sc per row, could be five sc per four rows or per three rows. But i agree you really have to do it and see.

Archived