Help understanding a pattern

mandyb

Question

post-75327-0-18408500-1434468923_thumb.jpgCan anyone help me understand what I need to do!!!

The pattern reads

Right front boarder.

Join shoulder seams. which I have done.

It then says work 5 double crochets evenly along the welt. and 40 evenly along the front edge -  my question is where and what is the welt.

thanks

3 answers to this question

Is there a link to this pattern ( so I can see what it looks like finished if possible, or if it has a schematic ).  

welt  =a piece of a garment that something else gets attached to.

Let me make sure I'm oriented here -

(1) Are the shoulder seams horizontal mid-way across the photo,  with the part above them the left and right fronts, with the the right front folded under?  This seems unlikely as there's not much neck room, even for a baby sweater.  And that vertical ridge at the bottom in line with the left piece doesn't make sense.  I'm just mentioning this because the horizontal line looks like a seam.

(2)  Is 1 shoulder seam the vertical line a little to the left of center, with the fabric on the left being the back, and the folded over part one of the fronts?  In this case, I'd interpret the welt to be the part across edge stitches of the 5-ish rows of sc across that narrow opening across the mid section of your photo.

Archived