Boye Ergonomic Crochet Handle

Beaglelady

Question

Does anyone here use this? Was wondering if there is a right or wrong way to grip it?   I bought one today to try out (am a lefty).  Fractured the radial bone near my wrist and thought it might help.  Just started physical therapy.

Thanks!!

2 answers to this question

Ow!  I haven't used this sort of handle but just wanted to send you healing, pain-free vibes!  

I hope it works for you.  You might want to check with your Dr. or physical therapist; I had a different wrist issue and was told to knock off knitting & crocheting for a while .

Okay first off HEAL REAL QUICK!!!!!

Second, are you talking the handle where you stick the hook in an egg shaped handle that comes apart and has gaskets? Or type that has a curve and the hook and handle are permanently attached?

If it's the one that is interchangeable and egg shapped handle I do love this for long crochet sessions.

The absolute key is to make extra sure you only put the gasket corresponding with your hook size pushed down to just above the thumb indent on your hook which makes the correct tension when you insert hook into base and screw cover on to keep your hook snug.

also your question - grasp it like you would hold a bicycle handlebar. Hand over top. You cannot use this type if you hold your crochet hook like a pencil.

Archived