SL st 2 tog ?

Mommagreenbird@gmail.com

Question

15 answers to this question

it is Amigurumi,a paid pattern (my first and most likely last) and i am so upset with this pattern and the total lack (non existent) communication from its creator Id ask for a refund if I thought she would get back to me. Im not the only one who has had issues with it either. GRRRRR! 
thank you for the reply. I will look at the web site. 
the stitch is located at the end of a webbing on an octopus; http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/octavius-the-giant-octopus-treasures-from-the-living-reef-in-crochet
the pictures are useless. 

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with a paid pattern!  It is really helpful when online sellers maintain an online presence to help people who buy their patterns.  

So the section is the stuff between the tentacles?  Is this the last row of it?  Can you tell at all what the decrease is supposed to accomplish?  

It would be ok to type out a few lines of the pattern here so we can try to help.  maybe the row before, the problem row, and the row after if there is one.  

Row 10: sc 8 (8), ch 2, turn

Row 11: dc in 1st st, hdc, sc, sls 2 tog, sc, hdc, dc, ch2

Row 12: dc in 1st, (sls 2 tog) 3x, dc

tie off leaving a tail for sewing

-----

Its the last two rows. it creates the slight indention in the triangle shapes last row. 

post-74411-0-11542100-1424908121_thumb.jpg

post-74411-0-99635600-1424908140_thumb.jpg

I hope these came through for you

I looked at the pattern in the book on amazon and tried it.  It works for me for  the (sl st  2 tog) by putting the yarn through one stitch bringing  up a loop puting  the hook in the next st and bringing up a loop and bringing that loop through the 2 already on the hook. 

I tried that Sarisue and wound up with a mess.

I am so sorry to hear that. Here's what I got trying 2 ways depending on where I put the first stitch. I did't use as thick yarn though.  I just did the end of the insert and the part with the hook just shows how I did the sl st tog.

The thing is though mine doesn't look like the picture in the pattern

post-10430-0-00300400-1425046948_thumb.jpg

post-10430-0-12626700-1425047195_thumb.jpg

I looked at the pattern in the book on amazon and tried it. It works for me for the (sl st 2 tog) by putting the yarn through one stitch bringing up a loop puting the hook in the next st and bringing up a loop and bringing that loop through the 2 already on the hook.

What did you mean by putting yarn through one stitch?

I wind up with three loops...

He;s working out. I totally scrapped the head from the original post-74411-0-80538500-1425233250_thumb.jpg

and used another pattern. 
The legs are from the original pia pattern and the webbing is working out fine so far. 
post-74411-0-46766900-1425233185_thumb.jpg

I was just tired of looking at it and frustrated. once i set it down and came back to it i was fine. just dong them all the same way. 

Archived