Pattern Help please ...

lannoe

Question

I am working on the pattern I need a dress right now

ow 6: work as for Row 5 but work *sk 1 ch, sc in hdc, ch 6* BUT work in the stitches that were skipped on row 5 and work UNDER the loops from row 5.. note that you are working along Row 4 sleeves for this part.

post-4896-135897568318_thumb.jpg 

Row 7: hdc in 8, ch1, skip to front, hdc dec, hdc across front to last two stitches, hdc dec, ch1, skip to back stitches and hdc across. Break off light blue. Attach white

In row 7 it says skip to front, I don't understand what that means, can someone help me out please?

2 answers to this question

Look at the pics below row 5 and 6 (yellow in pic=pink in pattern, white in pic=blue in pattern)

The top of the pic is the back of the yoke, the bottom of the pic is the front, left and right sides are the sleeves/armhole openings.

To create the armhole, you close up the opening by having zero stitches between the top left back corner and the bottom left front corner (from the orientation of the piece in the photo).  You are skipping the entire sleeve/armhole side, therefore skipping from the front to the back.  

This essentially folds the piece in half, right side out.  Then work across the front, and do the same thing having zero stitches between the bottom right front and the top right back.

From this point on, you will be working in a tube from the armpits down. 

Archived