( sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc )

jewkie72

Question

I started with a 6 sc magic ring and have increased for 8 rounds but I'm stuck on round 9. Round 8 finishes with ( 33 ) stitches. This is round 9 :

Rnd 9: sc in 5st, ( sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc ) in next st, slst in next 5 st, ( sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) in next st, sc in last 21 st (41).

It's the bit in the brackets that's confusing me.

4 answers to this question

I looks to me like they want you to do all the stitches listed in the bracket in the next stitch. In other words single crochet in the first five, sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc in 6th stitch. Slip st in the next 5 then sc, hdc, dc,

hdc, sc the next, then sc in the last 21. Hope I'm making sense to you.

How do I do all of the stitches in the bracket in 1 stitch?

It looks to me like the stitch you will put all those stitches into will be where you place the eye, so it will be OK that it stretches.

Welcome to the 'ville!

You would be surprised how many stitches you can 'shove' into one, example a 'shell' of 9 stitches into 1 is not uncommon.

I didn't read the pattern, but following what Avon Lady said - the gradually increasing then decreasing size of the stitches will create the beginning of the 'bumps' of the monkey's curved forehead.

Re: the pattern you posted, it's against this forum's rules to permit posting of copyrighted material/photos.  It's OK to type in a row or 2 of pattern directions you are stuck on, but not the whole pattern.  You should take the photos in your third post down.

Archived