Roo

My cousin is getting married in June and I'm going to make an afghan for her as a wedding present. Her and her husband-to-be are artists and love bright colors, so I'm going to do something colorful. I'm thinking of just doing a C2C afghan - I've never done one before but I love the look of them. I worry that's not "special" enough, though... Either way, what yarn do most of you use for afghans? I tend to default to Caron Simply Soft for everything, but since an afghan is so big and Simply Soft isn't, you know, super cheap, I was wondering if maybe Red Heart Super Saver would be okay? I want it to be nice, though, so I'm not opposed to spending a little extra on the yarn. Suggestions, please, and thank you!

I've made many afghans out of RH super Saver, and I love it!  Some that I made years ago are holding up very well!  Of course, since we send afghans to Veterans' Hospitals, we don't hear about their wear, but I'm sure they wear well!  And--they are affordable, and have many great colors!

I ended up going with Simply Soft - the others didn't have the colors she wanted (light purple, light blue, and light green). I'm going to start another afghan project, though, and Bernat Super Value sounds perfect! Thanks!

It's probably too late but, my choice for most gift afghan is Lion Brand- Vanna's Choice. Work easily, holds up well and cleans well also. Plus, there are 67 colors to choose from. I like their Vanna's Choice Baby yarn also. I can't wait to get my destashing completed so I can buy more of this yarn.

Archived