Yesterday DROPS 156-18

Rainbowis

Question

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the below:

Then work an elevation in the back of neck as follows: 
ROUND 1 (= RS): Beg mid back, work 1 ch, 1 dc in 1st dc, * 1 ch, skip 1 dc, 1 dc in next dc *, repeat from *-* around the neck AT THE SAME TIME insert 1 marker after 38-40-42-46-48-52 sts (= mid front), turn piece. 
ROW 2 (= WS): Work 1 dc in every ch and 1 ch over every dc around the neck until 28-30-32-36-38-42 sts remain until marker, turn piece. 

Regards,

Rainbow

8 answers to this question

pattern: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=6752〈=us  (US version)

this part is in the body, close to the beginning of that section, took me a while to find it.

it sounds like short rows to build up the back neck.  

Is it the phrase 'at the same time'?  That throws people off sometimes.  The instruction previously told you to work a pattern repeat to the end, but then said 'at the same time'.  It just means, in the midst of your pattern repeat, to keep an eye out for stitch number 38-40-42-46-48-52 and to put a marker after that stitch.

If it's the 38-40-42-46-48-52 that is confusing, whenever you see something like that in a pattern with multiple sizes it is giving you instructions for multiple sizes at the same time.  The sizes are :

Size: S - M - L - XL - XXL - XXXL

Finished measurements:
Bust: 80-90-98-104-114-132 cm / 31½"-35½"-38½"-41"-45"-52"

If you were for example following the pattern for the M or 35.5" size, you would use the second number in that string (40 in this example).  It's a good idea to circle the instruction for the size you are using (if you have printed out the pattern) to make it a little easier to follow.

PS, a short row is where you turn around and go back before reaching the end of the row.

Thank u all.

What confusing is that it said the pattern will be worked top down. And when I started I found my self working and don't understand if I will leave those stitches un worked as "magiccrochetfan" mentioned that this seems as the back ofthe neck.

But I'm wondering how it's so and the neck is detachable?

And again "work until" means I leave the remining stitches un worked?

Regards,

It almost looks like you are making a sort of gusset of sc rows at the beginning, and the rest of the sweater is DC.  

If I'm reading this right, you start in the round for 1 round (round 0 after the chain), then work all the way around again while putting a marker in the middle (this is called round 1, but it's really a row because at the end you turn)

After turning, work part way around; repeat this for a few rows which gradually get a little shorter, making a little 'hill', but you turn on the slop of the hill.

The last row has you going up and over the hill and back down again, whereupon you re-join to work in the round in DC.

It strikes me that this gusset may look a little odd, but maybe the collar will cover it up.

You don't cut off and start somewhere else, you keep going.

Row 7 is really more than 1 row, you'll notice near the end you turn, then work back around to the mid back--it does not say to turn when you get there.

Then it starts a new paragraph, which tells you to start to work in the round, in DC.  So, your last stitch from row 7 was a sc, your first stitch in the next round is the next stitch, no turning, and it's a DC.

It's too bad there wasn't a second diagram which showed the neck rise, this part is a little unusual.

Archived