Need help with cowl

wildtigerlilly

Question

Second round, chain1 does not count as stitch. 1 treble front post around stitch at base of chain. When I do this, after slip stitching for the next round I end up with two stitches joined. Do I count both stitches or just the chain one stich that used to go around the base to make the front post ? I think I may have figured this out . I don't count the stitch.

7 answers to this question

It means that the ch-1 you made at the beginning of the row does NOT count as a stitch, so you don't work the next row into the ch-1.  You work the first stitch in the stitch after the ch-1.  Hope I helped you!  If not, let us know.

Thanks so much, this will make much more sense, I think now. I will work at this till I get it right. I am not so sure why but am a bit of perfectionist with crochet, but not  as much, with anything else. Cute kitty, Kittyloverdeb.

I am doing a test piece, when going around my small cowl, I get a ladder effect when joining. Is this suppose to happen ? I am joining with a ss , chain 2.  Alternating double front post, and back post.

Archived