shelf elf pattern

jenweg

Question

8 answers to this question

It appears you are starting from the top of the head down. Round 7 makes the ears--ch and then work back down the ch to the main head part. Round 8 makes the nose bump and round 9 the cheek bumps. There is a description of the bbl stitch at the beginning of the pattern-bbl, lg (large) and sm (small).

Thanks for your reply. It seems when I do the ears they are large and just kind of hang there. And then the bubbles don't end up,in the right place either. I am assuming I am doing something wrong but don't know what. Is there anywhere I could get a tutorial of the stitches from the ears down?

I'm not 100% as I haven't tried this pattern but I found these notes on Ravelry from someone who made him, they might help?

Round 7: (this will be the ear round-so make sure they are spaced correctly) when it says ch 9 it really means 9 sc-makes a bit of a difference. ;) 
Round 8: sc around (folding up the ears and sc in the base of the ears-this will help keep them up) putting a 2dc cluster (in pattern this is a bobble)in the middle, this is the nose, so make sure it is even between ears 
Round 9: sc around putting two 5dcCL (in pattern this is a bobble) for the cheeks-I did NOT dec as I did them like the pattern says because they looked weird that way to me. 
Round 10: sc around putting a dec, sc, dec, in the front of the head and one more dec in the back of the head 
Round 11: same as round 10, but with 2 dec in back of head

Archived