Sarabella78

Question

13 answers to this question

I think you are right and the numbers are off for row 4 as if you use 4 to begin you will only have the 23 to work in. If you use 22 instead of 24 you will get 26 but I'M not sure if that's correct but worth a try.

pattern says: Row 3: Ch 2, turn, 2 hdc in first st, hdc in each of the next 23 sts, hdc2tog twice – 27 sts.

Row 4: Ch 2, turn, hdc2tog twice, hdc in each of the next 24 sts, 2 hdc in last st – 26 sts.

OK, I think row 4 should say :  hdc2tog twice, hdc in each of next 22 sts, 2 hdc in last st.  that would give you 2 sts where you did the two hdc2tog, then 22 sts, then 2 in the last st, so that would add up to 26.  

Sarisue's suggestion of doing only one hdc2tog should work also.  Really probably anything you do on row 4 to end up with the right # of sts will be fine.  But it may be that the hdc2tog, which is always at the same edge of the piece, is forming the "tail" shaping so it may look a little different if there were only one hdc2tog there.  

Anyhow, having 26 sts in row 4, by whatever means, should set you up for the next sections to be right since its simply working even on 26 sts.  after that you start the shaping for the mouth, so hopefully those numbers work, but if it is one or two sts off it will probably still work fine.  

i would try it and  see which works best.  I don't know if it would make a difference if you just do one hdc2 tog  or not as row 3 ends with hdc 2 tog twice then row 4 starts with hdc 2 tog twice.

Sarabella78, welcome to Crochetville! I'm glad you're getting the help you need with the pattern.

As a reminder to everyone, members can only upload patterns to our site if they are the copyright owner (designer, publisher, etc.) of the pattern in question. Even though patterns are free on the Lion Brand website, it is still copyright infringement to post them here without Lion Brand's permission.

I've removed the pattern from the first post and replaced it with a link to the pattern.

Archived