chevron stripe/zig zag blanket help

aimymichelle

Question

14 answers to this question

welcome to the ville :hook

What exactly is the pattern?  where can we see it?  if free online give us a link, otherwise tell us the book/magazine/seller and the the pattern name.

Can you post a photo of what you have so far?  

What yarn and hook size did you use?

It really doesnt look very buckled to me.

Your gauge may be a little tight. Can you live with it being 4" too small? I think the buckling may smooth out once you wash it. Assuming it is acrylic and can be machine laundred, take it out of the dryer while still damp and lay it out flat to finish drying. You could go ahead and wash it now to see if it smooths out.

its a present. there wasn't any way for me to take a picture of it buckling/curling super well cause i couldn't get close enough. i've noticed most patterns have you skip  chains instead of doing a decrease/increase?

i just struggle giving a present i'm not totally happy with the result. so i'm not totally sure what i should do. i used red heart super saver and an i hook.

Do you have a lot of yarn ends that aren't woven in yet? If so, lay it out flat and spritz it with water til its damp. Smooth it out and let it dry. If all the yarn ends are secure, throw it in the washer and dry it as i said above. Either method may help with the buckling.

I do think you may have had better luck with a J hook.

I agree, it might behave after washing but it does look like your tension is too tight. If you're starting over try using a J or even a K hook, I don't think there's any need to alter the pattern.  If you're using the RH yarn, it' pretty stiff stuff already, on the heavy end of the worsted spectrum, which makes it worse if you crochet tightly.

Are you wondering how many chains to start with so you can swatch your own design?  Just make a chain that is longer than you want the finished piece  to be wide, work across it as far as you want to, and ignore any chains you don't use.  

Archived