INTERNATIONAL CROCHET DAY (SEPT. 12) IS NEAR!

jimbo

I'm celebrating by giving away the sister to the Hook featured in "Interweave Crochet" Summer 2014 to contestants who agree to promote the gentle art of Crochet on that day.  What are YOU doing to promote crochet on ICD?

post-3105-0-49438800-1409958119_thumb.jpg

I expect to crochet --starting a new project --just to celebrate. Love to win this beauty. Possibly trying to teach my daughter the art, as my mother taught me 50 years ago. 

(Not sure how it could be 50 years...hmmmm...As I turned 29 again this year). :manyheart

Thanks for offering such a beauty.

I plan to start the day at 8:00 AM by going to my Prayer Shawl Ministry and working on a prayer shawl, along with 5 or 6 other ladies!  Then I'll "toddle off" to our local Senior Center for lunch, and crochet while waiting to eat, then I'll either crochet at home, or, if we go on a short trip to a little town 25 miles south of us, I'll crochet on the way there, the way back, and THEN at home!!!

P. S. When we go to that little town south of here, we go to Menard's--and I find a spot in the outdoor furniture display and sit down to crochet!  I've done that so often that the clerks know me by name now, and always ask what  I'm making now!!

I plan to start the day at 8:00 AM by going to my Prayer Shawl Ministry and working on a prayer shawl, along with 5 or 6 other ladies!  Then I'll "toddle off" to our local Senior Center for lunch, and crochet while waiting to eat, then I'll either crochet at home, or, if we go on a short trip to a little town 25 miles south of us, I'll crochet on the way there, the way back, and THEN at home!!!

P. S. When we go to that little town south of here, we go to Menard's--and I find a spot in the outdoor furniture display and sit down to crochet!  I've done that so often that the clerks know me by name now, and always ask what  I'm making now!!

That's a great idea! I never thought of that. 

Archived