I have started a Kickstarter about yarn! Opinions Please!

I started a kickstarter! For those of you who do not know what that is, it is  a fundraising place for people who would like to start selling things. (From ideas to actual products.) 

Well I "UpCycle" my yarn sometimes. I will buy old factory knitted sweaters, or old projects, blankets, etc from thrift stores and essentially frog them. (I love that I could say that on here, and you will all know what I mean. Can't do that when describing what I do on kickstarter.) Well as I was sitting here winding a ball from a beautiful old wool knit sweater, My husband asks me if people would buy the yarn. I tell him "I suppose, but this is going to be an infinity scarf next month." 

Eventually I got to thinking about it, and this would be a clever little way to turn my hobby into something profitable for me and the kids. (My little girls LOVE to help. They are still 4 and 2, so doing stuff with Mom is still fun to them.) 

Anyways, I wanted to post the link to you all and ask for some critiques, opinions, support...Whatever you think. I would love to have someone to talk to through it, since my husband has very little interest in my yarn hobbies. 

so here is the website:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/upcycledyarns/upcycled-yarn?ref=nav_search 

Thanks ladies!!!! 

The link did not work for me either.

I have bought afghans (after checking them out first) at Goodwill for the sole purpose of reusing the yarn. So it may be a profitable venture. Good luck.

Roe

Archived