Chart symbol?

Vbingen

Question

I'm attempting to crochet a shawl from a chart for the first time and have researched a lot of symbols, but I'm unable to find this inverted "v" symbol in any of my searches. The stitch in question starts on round 11. The website is

Any help would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

The V is not actually a stitch symbol; it's an arrow pointing to a chain stitch.  Usually the arrow indicates that a stitch is to be made into the chain stitch pointed to, rather than around the chain.  The pattern points to a chain stitch with 5ch loops above it.  Since this is a pineapple figure, I think the loops are to be joined to the chain stitch with a single crochet into the chain stitch.  For some reason, the graph omits the single crochet.

ch 5, sc into next ch, ch 5, sc into next ch, ...etc

Thank you jsilvers and granny square. When I zoomed in on the shawl pic it did seem to have a stitch in there, but I'm glad I double checked. I made it bigger and with medium worsted weight yarn. I finished it this evening and it looks good.

I'm sorry, but I've had to remove the link to the site given in the first post.

It appears as if that site has posted stitch diagrams from a number of copyrighted source, without any mention that they have permission to reproduce and distribute the copyrighted material.

Archived