Reindeer antlers...

diamond

Question

I'm making this Reindeer Head Ornament and everything is coming out great......so far. The antlers are giving me a headache tho. They just aren't looking like antlers but more like a blob. They always turn out the same way, no matter how many times I make the pattern. Now I consider myself a decent enough crocheter so am thinking maybe it's not me. Has anybody else made this ornament and, if so, how did your antlers turn out or did you just make up your own as you went (like I'm about to). I'm even thinking of using pipecleaners for the antlers!

3 answers to this question

I've made this pattern, and didn't have much problems with the antlers. I just followed the directions, and it seemed to be alright. just really gotta watch where it says to crochet a few chains, thurn and crochet along that branch, which brings you back to the middle where you make a stitch or two, then you make another branch or whatever of the antler.

sounds kind of screwy the way i'm explaining it, but mine turned pretty much like in the picture.......

Well, now, see! There is no turn in the pattern for the antlers. I just went back to reread and there is no turn written. I was thinking there should be a turn but since the pattern didn't state one, I didn't turn.

Archived