Help with stained glass window afghan pattern (colors)?

Alimae

Question

Hello!

I recently finished a big-ish project, an african flower blanket. I now have several others lined up that are meant for Christmas gifts this year, and thought I had a good lead on it - until this week. I went to pick up the colors I need for this beautiful Stained Glass Window Afghan I want to make for my MIL, but I cannot find the "Mint" that is used in it - anywhere!! I'm not sure if it has been discontinued or if it is just that scarce, but now I have all but this one silly color. I picked up Red Heart SS "Frosty Green" today, but upon looking closer, it might not be quite right. 

I was hoping someone here might be able to steer me in the right direction, and I can find something close! Any input is much appreciated!  :)

Pattern (colors listen further down):

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stained-glass-window-afghan

7 answers to this question

I didn't even think of that, Avon Lady! Will have to also keep that in mind for next time.

I was doing a practice run on this pattern this weekend, just to get the feel of it and work out any mistakes, including my own, and found that the Frosty Green actually looks very nice with this! Greatly appreciate the input though, it helps to know where to look! :)

I didn't even think of that, Avon Lady! Will have to also keep that in mind for next time.

I was doing a practice run on this pattern this weekend, just to get the feel of it and work out any mistakes, including my own, and found that the Frosty Green actually looks very nice with this! Greatly appreciate the input though, it helps to know where to look! :)

I've found the same thing with Frosty Green!  I thought it wouldn't look good, but it worked great when crocheted into the afghan!  Strange, huh?

Archived