Ninja Turtle Hat for Granddaughter!

grannyannie

On Easter my DIL and I were chatting and she told me funny story (she didn't think it was funny, lol).  She was shopping with her 2 little girls and the youngest, 2 1/2 yrs old spotted a Princess Elsa nightgown.  Well, she had to have it!  After some pleading and puppy dog eyes and the like DIL decided to give in since they need new pj's anyway.  Well she asked the older daughter if she would like some Princess Elsa pj's since she loves the movie too.  Oh no!  She spotted some TMNT pj's IN THE BOY'S DEPT and had to have them!  :lol !  Now, mind you, she has never seen these cartoon characters anywhere that DIL knows of!  :think Long story short, after trying to convince her little girl that wouldn't she like some girl pj's?  No, she wanted the TMNT pj's!  So, that's what she got, little boy pj's.  Why don't they make them for little girls?  After searching for patterns after hearing about this I've found many little girls that love those guys, but they don't make any girl related items.  Hmm, so, sorry I'm so long winded, but I thought it was cute and funny that she would love something that her daddy loved so much when he was a little boy.  I got a call late Saturday afternoon that they would be visiting Sunday morning for Mother's Day, so I fired up my hooks and made them each a hat!  Yes, they were each a big hit!!! Score one for Grammy!  :hook I used Bernat Great Value yarn-kelly green, RHSS-soft white and black, and Caron One Pound-orange.  I made the child's size following he directions, but it came out way too big the first time.  I ended up omitting rnd 5, but I would suggest going down a hook size. you can find he pattern here.

post-16860-0-28928700-1399932290_thumb.jpg

post-16860-0-12215600-1399932341_thumb.jpg

post-16860-0-42962100-1399932361_thumb.jpg

Oh I love it.  I guess they don't make them for girls, because they are all boy turtles and they fight.  I love the hat and she looks so happy with it.  Great Going Grammy.

Oh I love it.  I guess they don't make them for girls, because they are all boy turtles and they fight.  I love the hat and she looks so happy with it.  Great Going Grammy.

Oh, she's a character this one is, lol.  When all 3 other girls are playing dress up and being princesses she wants to be the guard and carry a sword to protect them!  OMG!  She's too funny.  Then the next minute she'll break out into a princess dance from the movie.  Her smile just melts my heart.  I hope she keeps her creativity and individuality always.  I really need to see this movie too (Frozen).  Everyone else seems to have seen it and knows whats going on.  I'm clueless, lol.

What an awesome grandma!  Both of your hats are great!  I'm glad your granddaughters got such a kick out of them.  And hurray for your DIL for ignoring gender roles so her daughter can be happy!

Thank you!  I am thrilled that the girls love their hats and I have to agree about my DIL.  She is a wonderful mom and it shows in how happy her two girls are.  They are also very well behaved children.  As I mentioned before it is such a pleasure having them for a visit, not that I'm prejudice towards them or anything, lol, they are my little sweeties, lol.  See, you got me on a roll talking about my grands.  Wait til I start talking about all 5 of them! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived