Need help with pattern

Melzie

Question

I've crocheted over 30 baby blankets in the past using the same easy pattern over and over. Now I've decided to crochet a shawl for myself, but am now stuck on reading the border part of the pattern.

It's a beautiful free pattern I found online, and would appreciate help with it.

Hoping to find someone who has crocheted this pattern or can help me decipher the border instructions.

The pattern can easily be found by goggling "simply white shawl" that's the name of the pattern.

Please help, I'm also done, but stuck on the finishing.

Many thanks. 

8 answers to this question

I think she needs help in the last row where she will picot all around it.

Under the note- it explains how to do the picot.

You will continue all around your piece, sl stitch to where you last ended and start in the ch-1 space where you made what looks like a shell. As you do it, it should make more sense.

Thanks for your help with the last row. Row 1 & 2 is also problematic for me.

In border row 1, it reads "working in ends of rows" then it reads "across. Joint with sl st"

Question: Wouldn't this be row 2? Row is also a separate row below, this is where I'm confused.

Row 2: Question: it reads " Repeat from "around." What does this means?

In border row 1, it reads "working in ends of rows" then it reads "across. Joint with sl st"

Question: Wouldn't this be row 2? Row is also a separate row below, this is where I'm confused.

Row 2: Question: it reads " Repeat from "around." What does this means?

OK  the pattern says "Border- Row 1: Ch 1, sc in first sc, ch 2, sk next sc, sc in next sc, * (ch 2, sk next 2 sc, sc in next sc) 2 times, ch 2, sk next sc, sc in next sc. Repeat from * across. Working on ends of rows ch 2, (sc in next row, ch 2) across; sc in first sc on starting row 1, ch 2, sk next sc, sc

in next sc. Repeat from * across. Working in ends of rows, ch 2, (sc in next row, ch 2) across. Join with sl st in first sc."

So far you have made a rectangle.  on the long sides, you can stitch into the stitches as you normally would.  On the short sides you have to stitch into the row ends.    so for the border you start on a long side and you do this : Ch 1, sc in first sc, ch 2, sk next sc, sc in next sc, * (ch 2, sk next 2 sc, sc in next sc) 2 times, ch 2, sk next sc, sc in next sc. Repeat from * across.

then you work up the short side , into the row ends:  Working on ends of rows ch 2, (sc in next row, ch 2) across;

Then you are back to a long edge, and you do this: sc in first sc on starting row 1, ch 2, sk next sc, sc

in next sc. Repeat from * across.

Next you come to a short side and you do this: Working in ends of rows, ch 2, (sc in next row, ch 2) across. Join with sl st in first sc."

Across just means to continue across the row or edge until you get to the end of it.  

Archived