Help! Bernat Baby Sport Round Blanket pattern confusing...

Oldwoman

Question

Hi all...I'm very new to the site.  I've been asking around for some help on a confusing pattern and I was referred to a forum...and since I've scanned this site before and liked it, I thought I would ask the Crochetville Community.

The pattern I'm working is the Bernat Baby Sport Round Blanket. I thought the instructions were quite easy until I got to row 6.

Its crocheted in the round.  The directions are all clusters pretty much...each row is the same except your doing something 2 times, then 3 times then 4 times, etc. etc.

It reads like this:  "*(Ch 2. Cluster in next ch-2 sp) twice.  Ch2. (Cluster. Ch 2. Cluster) in next ch-2 sp. Rep from * around, ending with (Ch2. Cluster in next ch-2 sp) twice. Ch 1. join with sl st to Beg Cluster"

So by row 6 my blanket looks like a large curly doily.  If anyone has done this pattern, does it flatten out as it goes?  I'd hate to get to row 28 and realize I did the whole thing wrong.

The site is down now so I can't even put a link into the pattern. 

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

The site is still down, is this it?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/round-blanket-to-crochet

There are multiple comments that it does not lie flat from those that have made it, .  It seems that the blanket is made in an octagon, and it will lie flat if modified to be a hexagon. 

Archived