crochet pattern software

artebella

Question

Hello!!

Can anyone tell me where i can buy or download whatever.. (if its availiable) a crochet pattern maker  software? i do not have problem to buy..i want to make my own patterns and have my own company here in Greece..but having no luck in finding the software..thanks a lot!

4 answers to this question

yes something like that..creating stitch symbol diagrams or create a whole pattern...for example i want a new pattern for a hat...insert some data to the programm (size, kind of yarn, etc) and make the pattern!! is possible this??? i don't know..or something similar.. :)

I have to say I've never used this sort of software, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way--taking a soft copy of a written pattern, feeding it into the program, and poof - a diagram. 

I think its more like CAD softwere - computer aided design - which gives the designer symbols which allows them to "draw" a design.  Example, have you ever used any Office software to make a flow chart, program management dependency chart, or a personnel organization chart, etc?  The software gives you the tools which makes it much easier to lay out the charts on the page, but you have to create the layout yourself.

Here is one, it's a drawing tool, not a 'feed in data - poof' tool

http://stitchworkssoftware.com/crochet-charts

this one is for filet http://www.crochetdesigns.com/software/default.htm

me too i thought that does not work like that but i want to find something similar ..yes i have made charts in office...i think this with the symbols is very close with this i am looking for.. i know the second site with filet designs the first i didn't know it..thanks a lot anyway..i will look it for more..

Archived