Help with Hat Pattern from Yarnspirations

miki0225

Question

I got a free pattern from Yarnspiration.com. Here is the link: http://www.yarnspirations.com/pattern/crochet/womens-peaked-cap

I am stuck on 4th round. I have tried it the only way I understand to do it but do not come up with 32  sts. It is more like 40 something. I quit and unravel it and start over when I get to 30 and realize it is not going to work. I can not figure out what I am doing wrong. Can someone explain this round to me a little better than explained here? 

Here is what it says:

4th rnd: Ch 2. *1 dcfp around next dcfp. 1 dc in sp between last dcfp and next dcfp. 1 dcfp around next dcfp. 1 dc in next dc. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first dcfp. 32 sts. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Miki

9 answers to this question

First, did you have 24 st at the end of the last round?  

In the stitch symbol diagram, I counted the sts in round 4 and there are 32.  So try following the diagram and see if that works for you. 

I did have 24. I am going to look at the diagram, for some reason it didn't print when I printed the pattern this morning so I didn't even know it existed. :) I should be able to figure it out with this. Thank you for your help. 

Miki

Miki what yarn did you use?  I used the H hook and I love this Yarn and if anything mine is a bit big.  I only did one extra round of the sc row and fpdc rows before doing the band and brim.  I am so glad you had problems with it as it wouldn't have been a pattern I would have just started.

Thank you!

Archived