what knot is this and how should it fit it.

Greycon

Question

Hello,

I was wondering is anybody knew what stitch this is and how I would go about repairing this tear.

It is 1 bi-colored thread throughout.

I would assume that the way to fix it is to try and it is a square knot with the 2 ends.

Very little to work with though, and I don't know if there is and easier / better way.

Thank You,

Jason

post-56990-0-94729600-1388950036_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

From the experience I've had, this is sometimes impossible to fix. :cry  Since it has such a little amount of yarn to work with, I'd just match it with thread, and sew it together.  My DH's cousin has an old afghan her mother made years ago, that has MANY ends coming loose! The only way to fix it is to darn it!  That's just another reason to leave lo-o-o-n-n-n-g-g-g-g tails to weave in!!  :yes  Good luck!

You can try pulling on the ends to get them a little longer and then try a square knot, but I'd do like the other poster said.  I'd get some thread after you tie the knot and go through the pattern and try to secure it more.  Think of where you'd weave a long end of yarn in if you were making the blanket yourself and that is where I'd go with sewing thread (or yarn if you can get something close in color) and strengthen it because with ends that small, whatever knot you make will probably come out again.

I have done it by undoing stitches on each side of the break keeping the stitches open to work in, and adding a new piece of yarn replacing stitches on each side but that does take time to do.

Archived