Help with a ripple pattern

crochetingnetta12208

Question

Hi I was wondering if anyone would mind helping with a ripple pattern.  Im trying to make a baby afghan and I found a pattern to work with.  I just did the 14 + stitches and added three on the end.  My problem is my end is not lining up its kinda of at an angle and im at row two i havent even started row three yet.  I would like to make this baby blanket I found the pattern easy and I like double crochet.  Can i have some help please.

Here is the patter im working with.

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html

3 answers to this question

Have you counted your stitches?  If you have the right number of stitches, and have the Increases/hills and decreases/valleys in the right places, then everything is OK.  it would not be unusual for the edge to look angled on the second row---you have to kind of build up the rows to see how it is really turning out.  

if you can post a clear photo of the part you are concerned about, it would help.  

I didn't know the ripple until several months ago.  I learned it thanks to YouTube 

It's now my favorite stitch and I use it almost exclusively.

The edges do look a little out of whack initially, but like Nancy and Magic said, it should look better after a few rows.

Archived