I am back, new problem

Bulan1

Question

Hi I am back

Once more I have a pettern from the 60-70 that just makes me confused. And ofcourse row 1+2.

I just do not understand, since the "," are placed in places that makes no sence and the way to normaly say ch 3, seems to be 3 ch in this pattern.

O well here comes the 1+2 row exactely as the pattern says

ch 101

1:st row-I dc into 3 rd ch from hook , 1 dc into each of next 4 ch *3 ch, 1 dc into each of next 11ch. repeat from * to last 6ch, 3ch , 1dc into each of next 6 ch, 3ch , turn

I get this part no problem but here is row 2 (I have made the part where I just do not get it in red)

Row 2- Miss 1st dc, 1 dc into next dc, 1ch, miss next dc, 1 dc into next dc, *5 ch, miss 1dc 3 ch 1dc, 1dc into next dc, (1ch, miss next dc,1dc into next dc)4 times repeat from * 7 times, 5ch .....

I just do not get it, 5ch=ch 5, miss 1dc=skip first dc, 3ch=ch3? In that case I have 8 ch

It seems strange I thinks, I can post a pic of the pattern instead if it makes it easier, but I have written likes it says, with , and . and ( )post-67837-0-50264000-1386235540_thumb.jpg

I do not get it, can someone help =)

I agree I have a problem with gauge often too as I crochet loose, and I have to use different hooks than the pattern says sometimes.

Would like to know what yarn/thread you are using?

The pattern calls for 3,5 inches on 2 patterns, and about 38 inches wide on hook 12. But since I use a bigger hook my gauge is appr. 2cm bigger then the gauge. So I Will buy a 2,5 hook and test :)

Now I have another problem. The gauge does not match, the reason is i guess that I used hook 3 and 3,5. It says 12 and 10 but if I convert this to the European measurments I get 2,75 and 3,25 and I do not think that we have those measurments here in Sweden

So my question is, do you think it can work if I take 2,5 instead of 2,75 and 3,0 instead of 3,25?

Hi sarisue! I Can put it here if u want me 2

Thanks I won't need it though as I found a picture of it which is good. It is a nice dress I wish you well in making it.

Did you click on the image?  Usually when you click on a picture it gets bigger... if that doesn't work for you, and you'd like me to, I can email the picture directly to you.   :)

Thanks, Yes I did click on the small one she posted of the dress as i wanted to see what the other rows were, but it was still to small to make the pattern  out on the Mac I am using. I can fix them on my reg PC but that is a mess right now as i got stupid malware somehow.  I did manage to get a picture on Etsy of the dress though that Is good.

That's great. i had been working on it and finished the first row but hadn't done the second yet.. Now I wish the picture was bigger as I can't quite make it out for the next row.

Did you click on the image?  Usually when you click on a picture it gets bigger... if that doesn't work for you, and you'd like me to, I can email the picture directly to you.  :)

That's great. i had been working on it and finished the first row but hadn't done the second yet.. Now I wish the picture was bigger as I can't quite make it out for the next row.

Okay, here you go!  I didn't chart out the entire row, just the ends and the pattern repeat in the middle.  I hope you can make sense of it, but if you can't just ask and I'll see if I can explain it any clearer.  :)post-25611-0-46489800-1386315142_thumb.jpg

I charted it out, and it does actually work.  I don't know if you'll get this information in time for your trip, though - but here goes!

Row 2- Miss 1st dc, 1 dc into next dc, 1ch, miss next dc, 1 dc into next dc, *5 ch, miss 1dc 3 ch 1dc, 1dc into next dc,(1ch, miss next dc,1dc into next dc)4 times repeat from * 7 times, 5ch .....

Your *5 ch, miss 1dc 3 ch 1dc, means that your chain 5 will go over the 3 chains and the dc on either side of that chain 3 on the row below.  You will then have (over the next 9 dc stitches) dc, ch, dc, ch, dc, ch, dc, ch, dc.  Now you'll do another ch 5, and that will go over the next dc ch3 dc from the row below.  

My little sketch is kind of messy, but I'd be happy to scan it and upload it if you feel it would help.

I hope this makes at least a little sense.  :)  Good luck, and happy travels!

Is it possible that they mean 1 dc in the chain of 3? But if that is the way then it Will not add up the next time it says 5 ch.... Because there is no chain of 3 there :/?!?

it seems that does not make sense either.

I hate to say it, but I think the pattern simply has a mistake in it.  This makes me think there may be other mistakes farther along in it as well.   Maybe you could contact the Sirdar company, they are still in business, and ask if they have some corrections for this pattern.

Meanwhile maybe you can find a more current pattern that you like, that has fewer mistakes in it or at least will be easier to find corrections if there are mistakes.  Have you looked at online patterns for similar things?  

Sorry, I can't help you, but I have a suggestion. Whenever I go on a trip, I take a simple "no brainer" project with me that I can work. That way I can crochet all the way without worries!

I have that as well :)! So I Will make something I hope :) thanx ????

I am going on a trip tomorrow 5 h in a car, hopefully someone Can help me until then so I Can crochet all the way :)

Sorry, I can't help you, but I have a suggestion.  Whenever I go on a trip, I take a simple "no brainer" project with me that I can work.  That way I can crochet all the way without worries!

I agree with you, it does not make sense. 5 ch, miss 1dc 3 ch 1dc

that would actually be chain 8.

Can you tell us what publication it is in and the name of the pattern? Maybe someone will have it to refer to.

Hopefully there is a good enough photo that you can figure out how to do it from that, since the words do not work.

Is it possible that they mean 1 dc in the chain of 3? But if that is the way then it Will not add up the next time it says 5 ch.... Because there is no chain of 3 there :/?!?

Archived