How to decide edging color

anicole

Question

My husband wanted a new afghan (he has four, but I'm always up for an excuse to buy more yarn!) so I've started one for Christmas. He said he wanted gray ... like rainy day/storm cloud gray, so I chose four shades ranging from palest gray to charcoal, for an Ombre ripple.

Thirty rows into it, I began to realize that I have no idea what color to edge it in. With it being a ripple, it's vertical rather than horizontal rows, and each color will have around 40 ds rows, lightest to darkest.

Now I'm already worried about what color to edge it in.

I suppose, rather than binding off each color as I finish each segment, I could edge it as I finish off each segment. Or I could always use black and make a wide edging.

I don't know ... I'm just spit-balling here ... any ideas or suggestions?

6 answers to this question

humm, when perplexed, I experiment, lol I think any "nuetral" would go well along the edges, I have never tried to match the edging with each row of color, that would be much to time consuming in my opinion, least for me, it would be. I would think any one of the greys, or black, or white, or even an icy blue, or a deep burgundy, there reall is  no cut and dried rules for edgings, lol persay, it's whatever YOU deem looks the best, and experimenting is good way to narrow it down to a couple favorites anyway, Good luck, hope to see a pic when you complete it!! 

Archived