Minion Hat--just finished

boksie

I received a request to make a minion hat for a little boy. Unfortunately, my gauge was off or something because it fits an adult. The pattern was easy and offered various ways to customize it. I will be making this hat again pretty soon and will down-size the hook sizes. I think it might be cute to have matching mother-son hats  :lol ! You can see the pattern information on this page on my blog.

post-12937-0-79781300-1379478535_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I make hats all the time. I go by the size of the head. My head is 21in round. Divide that by 3 and that is the diameter you need. This means that when you are making the top flat of the hat, you crochet around and increase till your piece reaches 7 inches across. Then you stop increasing and just crochet around till you have the depth you need. Here is a link on head sizes that might help.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/size-chart.html

wow, i love that, I never ever knew in all my years of crochet that formula!! You are brilliant!

I make hats all the time. I go by the size of the head. My head is 21in round. Divide that by 3 and that is the diameter you need. This means that when you are making the top flat of the hat, you crochet around and increase till your piece reaches 7 inches across. Then you stop increasing and just crochet around till you have the depth you need. Here is a link on head sizes that might help.
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/size-chart.html

I received a request to make a minion hat for a little boy. Unfortunately, my gauge was off or something because it fits an adult. The pattern was easy and offered various ways to customize it. I will be making this hat again pretty soon and will down-size the hook sizes. I think it might be cute to have matching mother-son hats  :lol ! You can see the pattern information on this page on my blog.

and how cute is that, mother son hats would be precious!

Archived