need help with hat pattern

Wrenn Calcutt

Question

So I am trying to make this hat from the Knots of Love website : http://www.knotsoflove.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Two-Tone-Beanie.pdf

I get to the end of round 4 and I have the 48 stitches, but when I try to do round 5 I never end up with 60. I have tried counting in various methods over and over and I just cant get it. Can someone help me? is it even possible to increase from 48 to 60 in the method that the pattern uses?

4 answers to this question

You are increasing 12 stitches. 48/12=4. Increase every fourth stitch. The first increase is in the first stitch.

The pattern says to dc in 4 stitches and then 2 dc in the next stitch, which doesn't work out for 48 stitches.

As gdenesse says the increase should be every fourth stitch. so try dc in 3 stitches and then 2 dc in the next stitch.

I worked the pattern the way it was written and added 2 extra stitches at the end so that I woud have 60. then when I finished round 6 I hade more than 72 stitches :irk . Soooo...I ripped out round 6 and 5. I redid five the way it was written and even though I only had 58 stitches, I moved on to round 6. When I finished round 6 I had 72 stitches. So I wonder if the stitch number on the pattern for round 5 should really be 58 instead of 60 :reyes . Either way, it is turning out just fine. Thank you for all the help and suggestions :)

Archived