need help figuring out a stitch or technique

msharkey

Question

I've been crocheting for about 6 months now. I can follow a pattern pretty well, but I can't look at something and "figure it out". I am making a pony like this using a different pattern. (A pattern wasn't provided for this one). I want to do the mane and tail like this but have no idea how to get that wavy/curly look. Can anyone help?

post-67785-0-43722400-1372861180_thumb.jpeg

4 answers to this question

You get that curly cue result from increasing, you may have to experiment a bit to see how many increases you'll need to get the look you want, but this video will give you some tips to get you started. (over on the right column, it has videos for single crochet, half double and double crochet increases to make your curly cues)

Have fun!

how did you put your link up, I've tried putting ytube links up for those needing help. but it won't paste.

gorgeous unicorn. cant wait o see your finished one.

You get that curly cue result from increasing, you may have to experiment a bit to see how many increases you'll need to get the look you want, but this video will give you some tips to get you started. (over on the right column, it has videos for single crochet, half double and double crochet increases to make your curly cues)

Have fun!

Archived