Crocheted purse lining?

Rachel

Question

Hi-

I'm in the middle of crocheting a purse out of nylon, and want to line it. Trouble is, I cannot sew to save my life, and have no one who sews to help me. I hit of the idea to crochet the lining, but am wondering if the lining would make the purse too heavy. Has anyone else ever done this? Thanks in advance.

4 answers to this question

I've never crochet a lining before but to sew a lining with material isn't that hard to do. If the crocheted bag is a flat bag (meaning no side or bottom panels), fold a piece of material (one that is obviously bigger than the crocheted bag) inside-out, in half and lay it on your table. Lay the crocheted bag on top of the folded material. Mark with a pencil/pen about 2 inches around the bag. Making sure to allow for sides and bottom of bag. Cut the material and simple whip stitch the opened areas and the top edging. Turn the material right-side-out and slide into the crocheted bag. With pins, pin the lining to the inside top of the crocheted bag. Whip stitch the material to the top of the crocheted bag with a matching color thread. I use a thread that matches the color of the yarn and not the material (if they are different). Instant lining. I hope this helps some. No machine required and very little sewing experience required.

Archived