Plz, what does this mean,sc4, 4dc in puff etc.....plzzz

MamawNaNa

Question

This is making a arm on a amigrumi doll, R 3 is where I am stumped but will put all rounds up in case they are needed to figure out Round 3...Not only do I not understand what the 4dc in puff means but I  do not understand how I can possibly end up with 12 sts in the end of that round..can u help me plz, tyvm

Jeannie

R1: Make a loop with 6sc

R2: inc6 (12sts)

R3 sc4, 4dc in puff, sc9 (12 sts)

R4: *sc2,dec1,* repeat 3 times ( 9sts)

R5: -7 : sc9 (9sts)

R8-12, switch to gray, sc 9 (9 sts)

sl st next st and tie off leaving enough top sew.

5 answers to this question

Is there a puff somewhere else that this is supposed to attach to?  That's all i can think of, otherwise it makes no sense to me.  And i guess the stitch count is wrong either way.  

is the pattern online by any chance?

This is a pattern I bought from here. I guess I  did not know what is considered a pattern , because to me it is pretty much  a list of how many stitches that has been very hard to figure out , and the  counts on it I often  don't understand either and I have had a a lot of guess work. I am so disappointed. probably my only pattern purchase.  http://www.etsy.com/listing/62645771/crochet-pattern-the-hero-bat-man. So I need to figure out how to make arms, and how to make a cape since I see nothing about that in the "pattern". very disappointing to me.

Looking at the pattern on etsy, i see the seller is in Thailand.  I guess some things in the pattern got lost in translation.  Can you contact the seller through etsy and ask for clarification?  

The arms are just tubes that  decrease at the top.  I would work round 3 even, then follow the rest of the pattern.  as long as both arms are approximately the same it should be fine---they don't have to be exactly the same.

I think the cape is cut out of felt, as is the batman symbol on the chest.  

Archived