a Christmas list for crocheters

I'm trying to formulate a list for relatives of things I would like for Christmas. I thought about all the crochet books etc i would like for my collection...and have no idea where to begin. So i pose the question to you. What books (include links) or magazine subscriptions would you like to have? What other crochet items would you like that would be easy to tell non-artisans to pick up for you. What items/ books have you absolutely found necessary or books that include your favorite patterns

Thanks for your help

Crochetville Stitch Bible -- I have heard so much about this book. I would love to get it.

Interweave Crochet -- I want both the 2004 and 2005 issues of this magazine. Their designs look very up to date and fun to complete.

Encyclopedia of 300 Crochet Patterns, Stitches and Designs -- This is also a book that I've had my eye on. It looks pretty neat.

Hope you get a good list together that is practical and fun for you. Merry Christmas! :rud:heehee

I have an Amazon wish listing of books for my family to be able to find the exact books I want...

Out of the books I have my favorites are :

Crocheted Aran Sweaters by Jane Snedden Peever (but I can't find a link to it) But I can find a link to the follow on Book (which I don't have, yet... ) More Crocheted Aran Sweaters

Reader's Digest Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stiches

is a great all purpose stitch referance book...

Crocheted Sweater by Susan Huxley

and one that I don't have yet but really want is

The Crochet Stitch Bible

I jsut got a couple of books from my mom for my Bday, but I havn't gotten a chance to work any projects from them yet, so I can't really say much about them, yet....

i also have a amazon wish list, but no one goes there so don't know why? seem my family thinks i have more than enough of anything to do with crochet:eek :eek :eek , not that i let that stop me of course:devil :devil :devil but i did tell themi would like a gift card and maybe they will get me one :lol :lol :lol

What other crochet items would you like that would be easy to tell non-artisans to pick up for you.
Having discovered that some hooks are way better than others, I'd like a full set of the hooks I prefer. Oh, and there's all sorts of yarn I'd love, too!

I think it would be easy for gift-givers to buy these things, as I could point them to websites that sell yarn and miscellaneous crochet supplies. Nothing like shopping in one's jammies, is there? I love online shopping.

My crochet christmas list is

Gift cards to anywhere that sells yarn or books *g*

Turn of the Century hooks

Yarn of any kind, quantity, or color

The books already mentioned

More hooks, Susan Bates or Boye or Bamboo or whatever... I'm always wishing I had more than what I have of each size.

Materials I can't get over here, such as the nylon to make Natalie's econo shopper bag, hemp, thread in solid colors and various sizes, jute for baskets, beads beads beads, other stuff for jewlery and beading like clasps and such..... I'm sure I could come up with a list a mile long rofl.

I would suggest gift cards from Barnes & Noble or Borders as their selections of books for crochet is rather impressive. Makes it easy for the gifter to work with a familiar "Normal" store. ALso, Michael's and Hobby Lobby or whatever your local megachain craqft store is should have gift cards so you could get hooks and yarn there. I would think that even local specialty shops have some sort of gift certificate program.

If you have a blog, post a wish list page and let gifters comment anonymously if they have gotten you something specific. If you don't have a blog, set one up.

Gift cards rule!

Check out some of the RAOK or holiday wish lists - those were all orginally started around Christmas time last year, and should give you a good idea of some things people were wanting.

The *Crochet* Stitch Bible and Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet are two books I'd recommend for any crochet library. Beyond that, there are tons of great books for every aspect of crochet and tons more coming out soon. I also like Crocheting School, it's a great reference.

If you prefer clothing projects, try Cool Crochet. I'd say the consensus is that Melissa Leapman is a great crochet designer, and her other book, Cozy Crochet, has some nice wearables as well as home decor and gift items.

Do you like granny squares? I don't even really like then, but I love the book 200 squares. I've used some of the patterns blown up to make a full ghan, and the colors and combinations always inspire me.

And of course - the tools. Any artisan will tell you the right tools make all the difference, and crocheting is no difference. As suggested, I think a full set of your favorite hooks is an awesome gift. If you haven't before, give Turn of the Century a look. Bill's got some gorgeous work, is a super friendly, helpful guy, and I think everyone who's delt with him has given a positive review.

If you deal with coned yarn from eBay a lot, you might want to consider a ball winder. I, unfortunately, cannot give you a testimonial, because I do not yet have one - my wrists wish I did. Many others have attested to their usefulness, though. [And if you don't buy coned yarn from eBay,you could start by checking out Fiber Options.]

And, one of the most important things on your list could be YARN!! Holidays are a great way to get some expensive stash you might not splurge on for yourself. KnitPicks has got some beautiful stuff at stellar prices... And I was really pleased with my experience at KnitPixie, too. Really want to drool??:drool Go here.

Okay. I am done playing saleslady now. I swear.

Archived