I need a pattern.

jessicali

Question

My mom gave me a HUGE skein (like larger than the normal ones) of RHSS green & a normal sized skein of RHSS white to do an afghan for her. I have been fighting with myself about what pattern to use. I can NOT find one that I like. I'll probably add in some black in there somewhere. 

I'm up for piecing it together - or it being all one piece. 

Should I do some kind of squares & make it like that or just one piece? 

Lol Help?!

4 answers to this question

That's not going to be enough to make an afghan.  Assuming that the large skein is a pound and the other is 7 ounces - you'll still need another pound and a half to make a 4x6 ghan.

There's a great assortment of favorite afghans with their links in this thread that RoseRed started a few weeks ago, you might want to poke thru here for some ideas. If anyone has some others to add, they might want to add them to that thread, too.

Favorite Afghans

That's not going to be enough to make an afghan.  Assuming that the large skein is a pound and the other is 7 ounces - you'll still need another pound and a half to make a 4x6 ghan.

Oh, I know - I've got plenty more of the green & white in my current stash!! My grandma had went to a yard sale last summer & bought a HUGE bag of yarn for me lol. It was all green & white! These are also our school colors so I try to keep these colors in my stash constantly!

There's a great assortment of favorite afghans with their links in this thread that RoseRed started a few weeks ago, you might want to poke thru here for some ideas. If anyone has some others to add, they might want to add them to that thread, too.

Favorite Afghans

Will be heading there now. Thank you so much!!

Archived