Those chains at the end

linamingo

Question

I always have trouble working in the chain used to start the previous row.  It's either too tight or I cant find the double loops.  I have tried making the chain loose, but still have issues.  Are there any pointers?  My ends always looks a mess because of this, they never look straight or even.

Thanks. 

I am so loving this.  I am having fun learning so many things.  :)

7 answers to this question

Have you tried putting a stitch marker in the first chair?  This will show you where the double loops are and will make it easier to find the last chain.

I used this method also, when I started crocheting so I knew where the first and last stitch of the row was.

If you have a chain that has really tightened up for some reason, I've found that you can easily get your hook in by grabbing a side of the chain with the actual 'hooky' part of your hook(instead of 'stabbing' it). Wiggle it around until it loosens up a bit and you can slide your hook back in to where you want it.

You can start the new row "chainlessly". See the video here http://www.ravelry.com/projects/TXCr1cket/chainless-starting-dc-stitch---updated I prefer the older video, linked toward the bottom of the page.

INCREDIBLE!!!  WOW!  I love that stitch!  Thanks so much for sharing!  My "girls" in my crochet class at the Senior Center will love you forever!

Archived