Simply Crochet Hooked on Handmade (new magazine)

LI Roe

Hi all. I popped into Barnes & Noble today to browse and found this new crochet magazine, first issue. Glanced through it, looked interesting so I bought it (as well as another special issue of a different magazine).

Wasn't until I got home that I realized it was a new British magazine but it did give a breakdown on the the terminology for the US users. A little pricey but sometimes you just have to treat yourself (like I do, LOL).

But I was over at the craft book section also and if there were maybe 10 crochet books, it was a lot. The number of knitting ones far outweighed the crochet. Same when I go to my local libraries.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what I found.

Have a great day, happy crocheting (have to finish the three afghans I am working on simultaneously for a friend and her two little granddaughters). See you soon.

LI Roe

• 2 weeks later...

I missed out on the first issue but I got the 2nd issue in the mail last week. I've enjoyed it and I've made one of the patterns, the wrist warmers on the cover, from it so far. I have found that when I get going on a pattern I forget that its not in US terms and have to pull out a row or two.

Archived